Monday, May 24, 2010

Colorado or not?

I came to a conclusion a few days ago, one that was only strengthened today...

Colorado Springs is not really a part of the state of Colorado!

It is true. I am sorry to break it to all of you, but I have thought that for quite a while and this spring has been the icing on the cake.

Now before you argue, just bear with me. If you ask anyone what they think of when they think of CO, chances are the answer is going to be something to the effect of snow, mountains, hiking, rafting, etc. I grew up in CO (well after we left CA when I was 14) and we lived in true CO. We lived in a small town in the middle of the mountains, had gorgeous days, lots of snow in the winter, short 10 minute rain showers each afternoon in the summer...exactly what CO should be.

So although I REALLY didn't want to leave my friends, I was somewhat excited to move back to "gorgeous" CO. Then we moved to the Springs. First of all, these are not mountains. Don't get me wrong, we have Pikes Peak and mountains right outside of town and Garden of the Gods (which is beautiful) but it is kind of flat and dry looking here. Still, it was okay, because like I said, we can see mountains.

Then came winter...

Need I say more?

If it is going to be bone chilling cold, then there should be snow! Not ice, SNOW! How can a place that is truly CO be so incredibly cold, and not have snow? Someone please tell me! The weatherman would tease us with snow, but he was wrong..he should be fired.

It finally started to warm up in March, and then froze, and then got warm, and then froze, and then..you get the picture. But wait! Along with the warmth came the wind. I know spring can be windy, after all, that is the best time to fly kites, but seriously? Must the wind blow you over every time you walk outside? I saw grown men today struggling to walk down the street and children being held on to by the hood of their coats so they wouldn't blow into the next neighborhood. And this is not a one time thing, this wind occurs quite frequently, as least once or twice a week. I have been in tornado weather that is not that strong. My basketball hoop, which is filled with water, can now be shot at from my front porch because the wind decided that we need a basketball hoop on the porch!

So, I hate to say it, but I think we have an imposter. I think Kansas is trying to overtake Colorado and is doing it under the name of Colorado Springs! I think we all need to move west into the mountains and let Kansas have it...just sayin'!!

4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking today about how much I hate the weather here! It's enough to make me want to move. Seriously, there is no point in putting away Winter clothes -- ever. You might need them next week, snow boots and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I like it, but it is hard to see some of the words...do you know if I can change font color or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you cannot move farther west!!! You must move to the south and east!

    yes you can change the font. just do that when you are typing your message.

    ReplyDelete